Have you been admiring some sounds on TikTok, but don’t know how to get it saved to your Android phone for it to be used as a ringtone or something else? These simple steps will show you what to do.
Users of TikTok can be very creative. Asides dancing and lip-syncing videos, the amazing application is known to be filled with lots of parody songs, including people composing music to everyday conversations.
Something else which trends better is situations where creative people utilize familiar ringtones (e.g Nokia old-school ringtone, or the popular iPhone ringtone), and remix them into something more melodious by adding beats, harmonies and instruments.
Finding a Ringtone Sound on TikTok
If you’ve been a regular TikTok user, you must’ve come across lots of custom sounds and songs on your “For You Page” which you’d love to personally use as an alarm sound or ringtone.
But in a situation where the application’s environments are still strange to you, all you need to do is to find the Discover page, and search for ringtones. The next step is for you to select any one of your choice, as hundreds of them will pop up.
After finding a music/tone which you like, all you need to do is to transform it into a ringtone file, and then you’ll need to follow the steps as follows:
Download a TikTok Video to Your Phone
Before anything else, saving the video into your Android is the very first step, and this is what you should do:
- Tap on the button labelled Share on the video. It is usually shaped like a curvy arrow.
- Below the pop-up which’ll appear, click on the button labelled Save video.
- Another pop-up screen will then appear which’ll say Share to. What you need to do then is to scroll to the right until you reach the Other option and tap on it.
- Lastly, save the video to your device storage, or Google Drive.
Extract the Sound From the Video
A video converter will then be needed in order to accomplish the task of converting the video file into an audio file (reason because only MP3, OGG, M4A and WAV file formats can be utilized as ringtones). Applications which can help you accomplish the task of conversion include (but not limited to) the following: Extract Audio from Video, Video to MP3 Converter etc.
- After downloading the application from the PlayStore, launch it and tap on Extract Audio.
- Select the previously saved TikTok video from your storage.
- Choose the start time and finish time for the audio.
In some occasions, the start and finish time can just be kept as-is. However, a less relevant intro been put there by TikTokers might force you to remove it.
After doing all that’s been previously said, follow these three steps to finish:
- Choose the format (MP3 is preferable) and tap Extract Audio and Done (take a note of the file name).
- On the next screen tap Share.
- You should save this directly into the Ringtones folder on your phone. If your Android doesn’t let you access your internal storage, you can install File Manager.
These might also interest you!!!
Setting Your TikTok Sound as a Ringtone
Now that the file have been saved, all you have to do now is to set the TikTok sound as a ringtone. Go to Settings and tap Sound, then tap Ringtone. Find the file name which you had saved previously, then hit Apply after you’ve seen the file.
Just like you can customize your ringtone, you can do the same with the alarm on your Android. The steps are similar, you just need to save the extracted file under your Alarms folder instead, and then it’s easy to change it in the settings.
If you’re looking for a customized sound to use as alarm, you can search for alarmsound on the Discover page.
Lots of results will pop out, all you have to do is pick your favorite sound, and follow thesame steps in saving the video as we had discussed earlier.