Do you find yourself in a position where you need to extend your friend’s wifi password to another phone? or want to reveal a saved password on your phone, whatever may be your need, this article will teach you how to reveal a wifi password on your Android phone.
How to reveal a wifi password on your Android phone
- Navigate to your phone Settings
- Tap on Network & internet.
- Tap Wi-Fi settings (The end goal is to access your wifi settings, the steps above may be slightly different on your device, just find your way to your phone wifi’s settins
- Choose the current Wi-Fi network at the top of the list or a past connection in Saved networks list below to bring up the network properties.
- Once you have the network properties open, tap the Share button. confirm the action by using your face/fingerprint, or enter your PIN code.
- On the next screen, you’ll see your network’s Wi-Fi password listed below a QR code.
If you can not find the wifi password, then scan the QR code from your second phone to connect to wifi.
How to Reveal Wi-Fi Passwords on Android 9 and Older
The above method will not work for users who use android 9 or older, if you’re a victim of this, then do this instead.
The good news is you’ll still be able to view saved passwords and the bad news is the device must be a rooted.
If you are rooted, you can head to /data/misc/wifi using a file explorer app that supports root browsing. Open wpa_supplicant.conf and you should see your network name (ssid) and its password (psk).
In case this doesn’t work, or you want to try another method, you can try using an Android Wi-Fi password viewer app like WiFi Password Viewer. These let you select a saved network to view the password.
If you enjoy reading this article, please do not hesitate to share with your friends on facebook and other social media.
Also leave a comment below this post.